Travelling Really is Great for Business
When you are busy and self-employed, it is easy to forget to take time for yourself, but taking some time to go travelling may be just what you need.
Recently I have been reflecting on some of my memories from travelling overseas with my wife for three months at the end of 2018.
These reflections have inspired me to think about what I learned through travel. I have often found travel to be good for opening up new pathways for opportunities in my life as well.
I would like to share with you a list of some personal insights or lessons that have I learned from travel that I feel applies to my larger life as a whole. This includes both the good and the gritty stuff as travelling for that long cannot be encapsulated in a single statement or sentiment.
My Good and Gritty Travel Lessons for Life:
- There are good people everywhere that I can connect with.
- There are also difficult people everywhere that require me to put aside my preconceptions.
- My challenges travel with me no matter where I go.
- Travel is great for a change of perspective.
- I will always encounter challenges, and it is how I react to them that count.
- I can get crap wrong no matter where I am.
- There is always an opportunity for growth if I choose to step into it.
- Attitude can change everything.
- Adventure can be anything from meeting someone new to climbing a volcano.
- I was reminded of the value of my privacy and personal space.
- There is also value in having my own thinking time.
- Boundaries will always need to be created, maintained or shifted.
- Communication is more than words.
- Love is everywhere while being both mysterious and tangible.
- There are times to judge whether to be bold or be patient and reign in.
- Beauty and awe surround me wherever I go.
- My journey through life can be both a solo and a shared experience.
- Community is key.
- Relationships shape change.
- Together the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Self-reflection is a collection of thoughts and stories retold anew.
- I can’t leave my mind or my emotions at home.
- The new can inspire my thinking and creativity.
- Transition points can be tough.
- I am grateful for the life I have and the people who are in it.
Give it a go!
When you are busy and self-employed, it is easy to forget to take time for yourself. Even if travelling is not on the agenda, a change of environment can be good for the mind and soul.
I say give it a go and take a break from the routine and give yourself even a mini experience of travel. At the least you will have some downtime and who knows maybe a new pathway may emerge.
“The opinions expressed by Smallville Contributors are their own, not those of www.smallville.com.au"
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH LIKE MINDED SMALL BUSINESS PEOPLE