Like many Small Business owners, I dislike the word ‘sales’. I know we’re not meant…
The Power of Giving Clients Options
Here’s something you might like to test in your business; when you give your client a proposal for your service, give them at least two options.
These options can be priced differently or priced the same. However, there should be clear and easy to understand differences, in each option that you offer.
Let me explain with this simple example of two marketing services that I offer to my clients:
Marketing service 1 – The Full Throttle Marketing Month.
This service is for clients who like fast results, with a ‘done for you’ approach. With this service, I help my client to identify ten marketing and sales strategies that they can use to double their sales. I then personally put all ten of these marketing and sales strategies into action for my client in one month. With this service, I do 95% of the work that is involved.
Here is an example of ten strategies that we may identify that a client could benefit from:
1. A ready to use info magnet that attracts 10 – 20 good quality prospects every month.
2. A simple strategy that eliminates major sales objections instantly.
3. A clever way to get positively noticed that generates ideal prospects to talk to.
4. An added value strategy that creates regular referrals.
5. An attention-grabbing strategy that can be used to get instant attention at networking groups.
6. An added value strategy that gets positive publicity at no cost from 10 key referral sources every month.
7. A simple strategy that makes every sales presentation twice as effective.
8. An unusual strategy to dominate a profitable market niche.
9. A strategy to double the ‘real value’ of any service they offer, so potential clients see their service as far superior to all their competitors.
10. A strategy to create raving fans from every client in 21 days.
I then create all the resources needed to put all ten of these strategies into action in one month.
Marketing service 2 – The Six Month Marketing Makeover.
This service is for clients who like a ‘done by you’ approach. With this service, I help my client to identify ten marketing and sales strategies that they can use to double their sales. I then coach and mentor my clients so they can put all ten of these marketing and sales strategies into action within six months. With this service, I do 10% of the work that is involved, and the client does 90% of the work under my guidance and direction.
With the Six Month Marketing Makeover service, a client gets to learn how to do all the sales and marketing strategies themselves. So they are learning how to create profitable marketing by themselves rather than having profitable marketing created for them. This service is also more affordable than my Full Throttle Marketing Month service. However, it does take longer to put the ten strategies to double their sale into action.
By offering your clients two service choices with clear differences; your client has two options for how they can use your services.
By offering two or more options on how to use your services, this will increase your chances of a client saying “Yes”, to at least one of your options. I recommend you come up with two options for your own clients as well with each service that you offer.
“The simplification of anything is always sensational.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton.
“The opinions expressed by Smallville Contributors are their own, not those of www.smallville.com.au"
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH LIKE MINDED SMALL BUSINESS PEOPLE