In this economy, everything is moving so fast with new products, services and businesses around…
(AUDIO) Mind Your Focus! How to Refresh Your Attention and Keep Your Concentration
Getting focused and staying focused are two battles that business owners face every day. There are so many distractions these days that getting focused has become problematic in how much of a challenge it is. However, once you are able to concentrate on a task, we all know that incredible sense of accomplishment that results in increasing focus. In this episode of Business over Breakfast, Bree James and Andrew Griffiths give practical tips and techniques for how to stay focused throughout the day. Concentration breeds progress which will breed achievement for your business!
Additionally, Bree chats with guest Cameron Aggs, a clinical psychologist who is an expert on mindfulness training in Australia. Cameron shares how business owners can use mindfulness to focus more effectively on things that are important to them, rather than being overwhelmed by a seemingly insurmountable workload. He has delivered over 250 mindfulness training programs and his 8-week program has shown to improve concentration by 16% in its participants. If you’d like to hear what Cameron recommends to be less self critical and how to refresh your attention, this episode is for you!
We also discuss things like:
- The sense of accomplishment you feel when you are in the zone and focused
- The product of focus is progress and achievement
- Focusing your energy and time on the wrong things at work
- Why you should be wary of the time drain of email
- Prioritising your work to determine the sole project you need to concentrate on
- The strategy of batching work
- Getting rid of the triggers that commonly distract you from important projects
- The value of having more fun in your business
- How mindfulness can improve focus but also help us be less self-critical
- The best tip on how to refresh your attention
- Smart business ideas from around the globe!
- Cameron’s Website
- Business over Breakfast Book
- Bree James LinkedIn
- Andrew Griffiths Website
- Amplify Website
“The opinions expressed by Smallville Contributors are their own, not those of www.smallville.com.au"
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH LIKE MINDED SMALL BUSINESS PEOPLE