What is a business advisor, how do you go about getting one and what are…
(AUDIO) You Are Your Business Barometer
You began your business because you were (and are!) passionate about your industry. Because your company stemmed from your vision for a better future, your business ultimately is a reflection of who you are. In today’s world, most business owners’ personal happiness is locked into your business success. It doesn’t make sense anymore to pretend your business doesn’t affect your overall well being significantly. You are the business barometer and the company will have the same energy as you. If you are distracted, the business will reflect that scattered attention. Likewise though, if you are clear and focused, your business will reflect that dedication as well. In this episode of Business over Breakfast, Bree James and Andrew Griffiths give practical tips and techniques for how to take care of yourself to take care of your business!
Additionally, Bree chats with clinical psychologist and fellow of the Australian Psychological Society Chris Mackey. With over 35 years of experience in psychotherapy, his own private practice, and as the resident psychologist on the television show Destination Happiness, Chris shares his advice on how to better your wellbeing. Specifically, in the business world, he talks about how business owners can control the mission, culture, and everyday climate of their company. If you want to learn practical strategies on how to be an effective team leader, this is the episode for you!
We also discuss things like:
- Everything in your business reflects you, for better and for worse
- The false perception of business owners that you are “handling it” when you’re not
- Address directly issues that you are avoiding
- Identify any recurring problems you are having to stop the cycle
- Surround yourself with confidants to talk through personal and business challenges
- Know how you want to feel about your business
- How business owners and supervisors have 70% influence on employee happiness
- The 6:1 positivity to negativity communication ratio
- Harnessing the strengths of your team
- Paying active attention to wins and positives of the week
- Unusual and funky business ideas!
- Chris Mackey Website
- Chris Mackey’s Book Synchronicity
- Business over Breakfast Book
- Bree James LinkedIn
- Andrew Griffiths Website
- Amplify Website
“The opinions expressed by Smallville Contributors are their own, not those of www.smallville.com.au"
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH LIKE MINDED SMALL BUSINESS PEOPLE