Whatever social media platform you use to market your business, you need followers. Without them,…
3 Quick Steps for Effective Social Media Marketing
While most business owners I interview love what they do, many question how they can spend less time marketing themselves via social media?
This includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. One of the key elements of an effective social media content management strategy is consistency and forward-planning, and the best way to be consistent is to be efficient.
This aligns with survey findings by the Content Marketing Institute, which reported that 84% of marketers who say they are ineffective at content marketing confirmed they have no documented strategy.
Here are the three steps I both adhere to myself and devise with my clients to help them adequately manage online content in less than 7 minutes a day:
Preplanning is key to maintaining consistency. It also means that if your workload increases or you get sick, your social media campaign continues without you.
Social media is meant to be social. Yet clients often convey a need to better balance their time between manual and automated online content. Scheduling automated posts allows you to communicate at times when your ideal audience is online. And there’s less day-to-day effort.
Some scheduling tools that can help in this area include:
- www.hootsuite.com – Hootsuite is the most widely used platform for managing social media, loved by over 10 million people around the globe and trusted by more than 800 of the Fortune 1000. Hootsuite Enterprise empowers organisations to execute business strategies for the social media era and scale social media activities across multiple teams, departments and regions.
- www.buffer.com – Buffer helps you reach your audience at the right times, driving more clicks on your posts and traffic to your site. It also makes it easy to consistently schedule content on social media, increasing your reach and fan engagement; and provides powerful publishing tools that make it easy to share content across multiple social networks with one click.
- www.socialmention.com – Social Mention is a social media search and analysis platform that aggregates user-generated content from across the universe into a single stream of information. It allows you to easily track and measure what people are saying about you, your company, a new product, or any topic across the web’s social media landscape in real-time.
- www.polarbearapp.com – Polarbear lets you post messages to multiple social networks and blogs at once, including Twitter, Facebook, WordPress.com, Facebook Groups, WordPress self-hosted, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Facebook Pages, Blogger, Webhooks and App.net!
- www.likeablehub.com – Likeable Hub will help you share stories, generate referrals and leads, manage your reputation, amplify your reach, same time and resources, and measure your growth. Manage your social media smarter and faster.
An ongoing review of your social media data and analytics will allow you to adjust your automated content to better meet the needs of your target audience.
It’s a bit like Bill Gates once stated:
“The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.”
Content management can no doubt be overwhelming for business owners. But with the right tools and strategies, it can be both effective and efficient.
“The opinions expressed by Smallville Contributors are their own, not those of www.smallville.com.au"
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH LIKE MINDED SMALL BUSINESS PEOPLE