‘Welcome’ Email Automation, So Simple Yet So Effective
A few weeks ago, I had a conversation with a fellow Mumpreneur, and the topic of email list building came up.
I was surprised to learn that she didn’t have a ‘welcome’ email automation process in place to greet her subscribers after they signed up for her newsletter. To my surprise, she didn’t think it was that important.
According to Entrepreneur, ‘welcome’ emails:
- Get 320% more revenue than promotional emails.
- Get an 86% lift in the unique open rate.
- Get a 196% lift in the single click rate.
Imagine missing out on this much buzz, just because you don’t have a welcome sequence in place.
So, what are the benefits of having an email sequence in place for you and your business?
1. HELPS YOU CREATE GREAT FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Just like meeting someone in person for the first time, the first impression counts. Especially in the online world where you can’t meet your subscriber in person. It is an excellent opportunity to thank your subscriber for trusting you with their email and inviting you into their inbox.
2. SAVES YOU TIME WITH AUTOMATION
You can just set it up once and forget about it. What’s even better, you can also put together the first few emails. It is an excellent way to set expectations and deliver valuable content before they start receiving your weekly emails.
3. HELPS CONNECT AND BUILD COMMUNITY
I know my ‘welcome’ email automation undoubtedly contributes to the growth of my social media following. I like to invite my newly acquainted subscriber to my other spaces where I know I can offer additional value.
I introduce them to my Facebook group, my Instagram account, and I also use this opportunity to talk about my podcast which is jam-packed with value and inspiration. You can invite them to read a particular blog post or watch your latest video.
4. HELPS GENERATE SALES
As mentioned at the start of this article, there is noted evidence, ‘welcome’ emails rate on average better with both, open and click rate. Placing a specials and product promotion through your ‘welcome’ email sequence provides an opportunity to sell. You’ve got their attention, so why not!
Setting up your sequence shouldn’t be a long and laborious process. It should only involve a couple of simple steps:
1. Decide how many emails you want in your sequence. Decide on the frequency of your emails, being mindful to not overwhelm your subscribers, and ensure that you clearly communicate at the end of each email when they can expect your next email to arrive in their inbox.
2. Decide on content and what your desired outcome is. Writing your entire email series at once will also mean you can set it up all at once. Test your sequence first, so you get to experience precisely what your subscriber is about to face. You can adjust the timing and improve any flaws.
Once you set up your ‘welcome’ email, you will be connecting with your subscribers without even needing to lift a finger to your keyboard.
Watch your open and click rates – I would be astounded if they don’t increase.
“The opinions expressed by Smallville Contributors are their own, not those of www.smallville.com.au"
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH LIKE MINDED SMALL BUSINESS PEOPLE