You began your business because you were (and are!) passionate about your industry. Because your…
Strengthening Your Business Network
There are so many ways a strong network can strengthen your business.
Of course, your network can contribute to leads. But that’s only where the support of a strong network begins. Your business network will lead you to important information that will accelerate your business and save you making mistakes, you may create new business partnerships, share assets and even staff and if you’re really lucky, you will create long-term friendships from your network.
If you want a strong business network, you need to be prepared to put in the elbow grease. Strong networks are based on mutual trust, shared experiences and predictability.
How strong is your business network?
The following activity will assist you to identify your business network and to understand where you can add strength to it:
- Grab a bit of paper and a pen and draw a circle in the middle. That circle represents you.
- Now draw another circle around this one allowing enough space to write a few important names within it. These names are your trusted inner circle.
- Write the names of your trusted inner circle between the first and second circles.
- Repeat the abovementioned steps twice creating three circles which represent your network.
Now, give some thought to the following questions:
- What are your expectations of your business network (e.g. do you want help with sales, personal support, specific information etc.)?
- Considering the people in your business network, how are the abovementioned expectations being addressed? Are there any gaps? Have you told your business network how they can help you?
- How do you nurture each layer of your network?
- How do you let your inner circle know they are important?
- When did you last make face-to-face contact with your inner circle?
- What are your expectations of each layer of your network?
- How do you contribute to those in each layer of your network?
- On a scale of 1-10, how effectively are you nurturing your network?
- What do you need to improve your interactions with your network this week?
Your network is a business asset, and the stronger it is, the easier your life in business will become.
“The opinions expressed by Smallville Contributors are their own, not those of www.smallville.com.au"
SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH LIKE MINDED SMALL BUSINESS PEOPLE