BECOME A SMALLVILLE CONTRIBUTOR TODAY
Hello there, Andrew Griffiths here, and I’m really excited about your interest to become a Smallville Contributor. But first of all, you may be wondering what exactly is Smallville and that is a very good question.
Over the past 20 years I’ve done a lot of work to help Small Business owners, through my books, my coaching, in articles I’ve written, presentations I’ve given, in media interviews, in well over 60 countries.
In that time I have connected with hundreds of thousands of Small Business owners. A question I get asked all the time is why don’t I develop a community of likeminded, passionate people to help Small Business owners grow extraordinary businesses – so I decided it was time to do exactly that.
As a result, Smallville was born. Smallville is a place for Small Business owners who think big. It is a community where a pile of people I know and respect immensely share their ideas, their advice and their best knowledge with the Small Business owners everywhere. And I would like you to be a part of that.
This is not just a site where you will be giving information, you will also be getting a lot in return. My aim to help you to become the best column writer you can so through my team we will give you feedback on any articles you submit. We will actively promote your articles and features, your own Contributor page and even your products, services and events. See, it’s a win/win for everyone.
So if you would like to take the first step and apply to be a Smallville Contributor, I need you to read through the following information. If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, follow the prompts, submit a sample article and lets
go from there.
I’m really looking forward to working with you,
Founder – Smallville
TO BECOME A SMALLVILLE CONTRIBUTOR ARE OPEN
Before submitting your article and application to us, please read our guidelines below carefully to ensure the best chance of being accepted.
HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR GUIDELINES:
- Small Business is our thing. We like articles about increasing productivity, growth, sales, marketing ideas, satisfying customers… you get the picture. If it’s not about Small Business, it’s probably not for us.
- Tone is everything. We like articles to be informative, interesting, a little quirky and positive. Help our readers grow and feel inspired.
- Please don’t make your article longer than 700 words; we’re looking for clear and concise articles that deliver huge impact.
- All content has to be useful to Small Business owners, of course.
- We accept video and MP3 content, however all videos need to be high quality and professional. We will not publish video content we believe does not reach our Smallville standard. We also ask you attach written text (300 words) with your video/audio content, which will be used to format your article.
- Make your article interesting by including subheadings to break up content and use short paragraphs and bullets.
- Please don’t pitch the direct sale, promotion or endorsement of a product or service.
- Our readers want originality. We will not accept already published content.
- Please limit the formatting of your article, plain text is preferred.
- We ask that writers plan to contribute for at least six months, specifically one article every two weeks. We don’t publish one-off articles at this stage. We like to work with our writers closely and with regular feedback.
STILL INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SMALLVILLE CONTRIBUTOR?
Awesome, click here to start the application process. Got some questions before going any further – please email firstname.lastname@example.org